Bankruptcy Creditor’s Rights Representation
When a financially distressed business becomes insolvent, it may opt to pursue restructuring through bankruptcy. Creditors in bankruptcy proceedings have important rights which must be protected. At Haber Slade, we provide strategic representation for both secured and unsecured creditors.
Bankruptcy proceedings are intricate and complex. Experience, skill and legal knowledge are essential for taking advantage of the many tools that may be available to creditors for enforcing their rights. Our attorneys guide clients through the process, providing diligent, detail-oriented counsel to ensure that no viable options for recover are overlooked.
We protect creditors’ rights through all stages of business bankruptcy, adversary proceedings and insolvency litigation, including:
- Proofs of claims and claim objection litigation
- Adversary proceedings, litigation on preferences and avoidance actions for fraudulent transfer
- Pursuing loan workouts and financial restructuring
- Motions for Relief from Automatic Stay
- Motions to Dismiss or Convert from Chapter 13 or 11 to Chapter 7
- Motions for the Appointment of a Trustee
- Motions to Assume or Reject Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
- Motions to Assume or Reject Aviation Leases under 11 USC section 1110
- Filing of Involuntary Bankruptcy Petitions on Behalf of Creditors
- Real Property Lien Priority Litigation